From this main Resources page navigate, via the drop down menu or via the links below, to a selection of my online articles and reviews, and to the site’s full tag cloud. Access to some articles may require a subscription.
See below for a list of my books and for oral history material.
- Kristian Fredrikson. Designer (Melbourne: Melbourne Books, 2020)
- Dame Maggie Scott: a life in dance (Melbourne: Text Publishing, 2014).
- Meryl Tankard: an original voice (Canberra: Dance writing and research, 2012).
- A Collector’s Book of Australian Dance (Canberra: National Library of Australia, 2002). Out of print.
- A Passion for Dance (Canberra: National Library of Australia, 1997). Out of print. A small number of copies available. Please request via contact box on this site.
- Kira Bousloff. Founder of the West Australian Ballet. Russians in Australia no. 14 (Melbourne: University of Melbourne, 1991). Out of print.
- A Full House: the Esso Guide to the Performing Arts Collections of the National Library of Australia (Canberra: National Library of Australia, 1991). Out of print.
Oral history collections
In addition, below is a link to a list of dance-related oral history interviews held in the collections of the National Library of Australia and the National Film and Sound Archive. The compilation of this list began as part of Keep Dancing!, an Australia Council-funded project that later became Australia Dancing. With the demise of Australia Dancing as an active site the list was archived on PANDORA. It is an invaluable, quite remarkable resource but is now hopelessly out of date. There are no plans to update it on PANDORA.
Many of the interviews are now available online. Readers should check the National Library catalogue under the name of the interviewee and limit the search to ‘audio’.
Here is the list as at March 2021.
JSTOR articles; NLA articles; Other online material; Program articles